Thursday, November 9, 2023

A 5 year old write up and a ' Gentle Reminder for me


I call myself ' His' Prodigal Daughter

 My life had hit rock bottom. It had happened several times, but this time, it was bad …thoroughly bad and I stood groping in the dark thinking I might not even survive it.


And that was scary.


My parents came to my rescue and pampered me as if I were their two year old daughter. They were bewildered as they never saw me absolutely befuddled. I was their bold daughter who not only ventured out seeking new pastures, but made it on her own.


Things were drastically different a year ago. I was a like a broken glass, frantically trying to fix the fragmented pieces… But there were more cracks appearing and the pieces were falling apart.


When nothing is going your way, the only resort is to turn to God and I was no different. Though I called myself a believer, I had never been a practicing Christian.


To my surprise, one evening, I was there in the church, attending Holy Mass, weeping and tearing my heart out.


Fortunately, I never asked ‘Him’ the question ‘Why me’. I should say, I never dared to ask it since I knew my life was much better than so many people around me.


But why do I get hurt all the time? This question nagged me and I badly wanted an answer. And yes, there are answers. Getting those are a process and you have to live through it.


If you ask me ‘do you enjoy it?’ Yes, by all means.

Is it tough? Of course

Do you think you will get through it? I believe ‘ Yes’


Before, I proceed; let me tell you this is not a blog which has a religious hue. I just want to share my experience with God. There are no intermediaries between me and him. Just us…and that’s so beautiful, soulful, tranquil…


But the blog is not confined to that alone, but all those beautiful experience that followed suit as part of my tryst with my Lord.


I call myself his ‘Prodigal Daughter’. I have been away and now I have come back.


2019 has been eventful and 2020 is going to be mine.


With loads of love,

Shalet Jimmy


 


 


4 comments:

  1. Excellent write up. There is a saying in Sanskrit..Deivam Manushya Roopena..God will help thru one of the human beings. Hope all is well now with you Shalet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting well is a process, I believe...I am doing well....Thanks a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a religious person but I know a lot of people including my wife who discover much comfort in religion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to say that it's not religion as such but the underlying spirituality that helped me. Thank You for stopping by....

      Delete

There’re no frogs in this pond – Thavalayillakkulam

Sometimes, it’s the stories behind certain places that leaves an indelible impression on your mind. I love to hear such stories. And this is...