Tuesday, November 7, 2023

In between ‘Planning’ happens Life….

 


Sometimes you feel like doing a lot of things.

And if you have attended one of those capacity building conferences, you will definitely decide to plan your each step.

For the expert says: “the goal will continue to remain distant unless you plan.”

Thoroughly motivated, I decide to plan…

I shut myself away from everything and I plan…

I make daily planner, weekly planner, monthly planner, annual planner and many other planners on my drive and forget most of the planners barring the basic ones.

I feel as if I am almost there.

Then one fine morning, I find myself sitting and blinking at the wall, doing nothing.

After a couple of days, I look at my petrified self and say “Why don’t you just get out of the house and get some fresh air.”

“Yes, you’re right, ” I say.

Soon, I get out of the house, attend the evening mass.

After that, I immerse myself in the all pervading silence of the church.

I light candles.

Have my little conversation with the Jewish Carpenter.

Then sit under the shade of a large Mango tree in the compound of the church.

Walk home on a well lit road.

Sometimes, I look at the sky.

And pass a flower shop effusing the fragrance of jasmine flowers.

Come back and make dinner.

Read a few pages, type a blog post and pitch a new story idea.

And there I am… fast asleep.

Next morning, I wake up, pray and make my bed.

Then I tick mark the things I did the previous night, holding a cup of brewing coffee in the other hand.

And I realise these little pleasures which we conveniently brush aside while planning a larger picture makes real life.

- Shalet Jimmy💖

4 comments:

  1. Planning does little good if it does not lead to other functions. It leads to complacency. As you did, I do things at the spur of the moment. And, that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! True that....My first comment on the blog. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

There’re no frogs in this pond – Thavalayillakkulam

Sometimes, it’s the stories behind certain places that leaves an indelible impression on your mind. I love to hear such stories. And this is...